Re: [patch] make pit clocksource continuous

Hello.

Thomas Gleixner wrote:
The PIT can only be used as a clock source, when it is in periodic mode,
but it is never continuous. If we miss one PIT interrupt the time
keeping is hosed.
OK, thank you and Daniel for the explanations
about the flag, but now to the problem.
Before hrtimer_switch_to_hres() is called,
the check for timekeeping_is_continuous() is
performed in tick_ckeck_oneshot_change(), and
that check fails (by adding a flag I compel it
to succeed). With that check failing,
hrtimer_switch_to_hres() is never called, and
the hrtimers do not work. That's why I posted
that patch, but what would be the right way
of getting the hrtimers to work?
/proc/timer_list lists only the pit timesource.
If I enable lapic then it is also listed, yet
it doesn't help at all.