[RFC] - LXR on kernel.org ? was: Re: What tools to use?

Hi !

I like lxr pretty much.
i`m not a programmer, but i often need some information on "what`s the driver version of xyz in latest kernel" or "was this or that feature/patch already being merged" or "i have this line of code in kernel - how does it look in recent kernel , did it change " ?

over the years, i have downloaded tons of kernels for this, very much waste of bandwidth and time - because whenever i need to take a look, i have no recent kernel source around - so i need to download that big thing and go trough that untar orgy. having recent browsable/searchable and easy to find lxr`ed kernel-source online would be really great

i seldom find lxr for current kernels on the net, so i just wonder:
why not adding a link to every kernel an kernel.org kernel, pointing to recent lxr`ed kernel source - or - even better - make lxr`ed kernel source part of kernel.org (so we have "B V VI 	C Changelog LXR" ) ?

sure, i know kernel.org itself is very busy, but maybe this can be done via dedicated lxr machine/webserver someone is willing to donate !?
for myself, i would happily donate some bucks for this.

roland