Re: [patch 03/10] Allow userspace applications to use marker.h to parse the markers section in the kernel binary.

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
NACK.  This shouldn't be includedable from userspace and systemtap people
should stop doing crap like that but use kernel infrastructure everyone
else uses including runtime kernel code instead of stuffin all kinds of
crap into their broken translator.

Christoph,

I was using the above information to parse all the available markers in a kernel, but I believe I've found a way where I don't need the marker.h header, so I'm OK with your NACK.

Out of curiosity, what is the kernel infrastructure you believe I should be using to get a list of all available markers in a kernel? Note that I also have a requirement to get a list of all available markers in a kernel that isn't the currently running one.

--
David Smith
[email protected]