Re: + git-battery-fix.patch added to -mm tree

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 03:19:24PM +0400, Anton Vorontsov ([email protected]) wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 03:01:20AM -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> >
> > The patch titled
> >      git-battery-fix
> > has been added to the -mm tree.  Its filename is
> >      git-battery-fix.patch
>
> Andrew, much thanks for fixing that. That error triggered by some
> refactors in drivers/base/... I suppose I have to setup -mm tree in
> addition to Linus', to test -mm builds from time to time for the
> purpose of catching these changes myself.
>
> Though, this error happened indeed because nobody cares about
> find_bus function nowdays...
>
> I want ask Greg KH and Evgeniy Polyakov: could you together settle
> preferred way of accessing bus types? Should we really use
> find_bus/bus_find, or Evgeniy would just export w1 bus type? In
> later case, I'll remove un-"if 0" find_bus patch, and will
> prepare another which will export w1 bus type.
>
> I do not have any preference, both solutions will work.

There is one small problem with any of such approach, and this problem
is called Adrian Bunk :)
Eventually he will remove whatever changes you did if there are no
in-kernel users.
But since find bus users are now going into the tree, it is possible to
make a lot of people happy, who remove ifdef around find_bus() in own
embedded trees.

So, my vote is for exporting generic find_bus in mainline with related
to w1 and battery status changes.

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov