Re: Back to the future.

On Mon, 7 May 2007, Oliver Neukum wrote:

Am Montag, 7. Mai 2007 14:48 schrieb Pavel Machek:
Including network? Your tcp peers will be really confused, then, if
you ACK packets then claim you did not get them. No, you do not want
to start network.

anyone who is doing a hibernate or suspend who expect all the network
connections to be working afterwords is dreaming or smokeing
something.

Really? It works today... if the suspend is short enough. And that's
how it should be.

If we get very good at Wake-on-Lan it should work for any length
of time.

for suspend-to-ram this would work, I stand corrected.

for hibernate this would almost certinly not work, and I don't think that it's worth raising false hopes.

David Lang