Re: [SOLVED] Serial buffer corruption [was Re: FTDI usb-serial possible bug]

On 5/4/07, Paul Fulghum <[email protected]> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 21:06 +0200, Antonino Ingargiola wrote:

> Filling with echo console-screen.sh I've found that the blocking command is:
>
>     unicode_start 2> /dev/null || true
>
> or at least the echo before this command is the last shown.

I still don't know what is blocking.

It is possible some tty device is operating with an improperly
initialized tty structure. I vaguely remember some console code
creating its own minimally initialized 'dummy' tty structure.

This might be causing the new flush code to hang.

Try this patch which does not call the flush unless a line
discipline is attached to the tty. That should indicate
a normally initialized tty structure.

Tried. Nothing changes with this patch. I'm booting the patched kernel
commenting out the unicode_start line for now, and there aren't other
"system" problems.

I confirm the behavior previously posted for the serial devices on
flush with this patch too.

"With the patch, flushing the input results effectively in a complete flush.
However after doing the flush I can't read [further] chars [sent to
the serial port]
without closing and reopening the port. I've verified this behavior both
communicating between two serial ports and both communicating with an
usb-serial device (driver cdc-acm)."

Regards,

 ~ Antonio