Re: [ck] 2.6.21-ck1

On Friday 04 May 2007 14:00, Con Kolivas wrote:
> This patchset is designed to improve system responsiveness and
> interactivity. It is configurable to any workload but the default -ck patch
> is aimed at the desktop and -cks is available with more emphasis on
> serverspace.

Hi Con,

I have 2.6.21-ck1 running happily on a variety of machines. Everything seems
fine on both uniprocessor and SMP machines.

I've been running SD for a couple of weeks now, including alternating between
a SD patched kernel and an "old" staircase based kernel for a week of that.
SD seems perfectly smooth. In fact on going back to the old kernel for a day
I'm sure it felt more "choppy". I don't really do benchmarks, "feel" is more
relevant to me. Right now I'd say my R4 "feels" better with SD than it has
for a long time. Nice Job. Thanks for persisiting.

As an aside I realized whilst trying non ck kernels the last few weeks just
how much of a difference swap prefetch actually makes on a lowish memory
machine such as this.

Arigatou gozaimashita

David