Re: cpufreq longhaul locks up

> [...]
>
> The below is in the cpufreq git tree.
>
> (Maybe also ondemand needs to be disabled for Longhaul?)
Would be great. Is this possible? Just kidding. I don't like
ondemand. It isn't doing anything good for C3. There is no
significant difference between halt/ACPI C2/ACPI C3 on 533Mhz
and 999MHz. Difference is when processor is *running*. With
ondemand it is running very short on 533MHz. When I was
testing ondemand my CPU was running max f most the time. With
conservative it is running min f most the time. CPU is much
cooler and it is running fanless for most the time. Best part
is that conservative is doing more transitions when system is
busy because it needs to do all the steps (66MHz step for me)
from min (533) to max (999). Ondemand is doing only one
transition - from min to max.
> From: Rafal Bilski <[email protected]>
> Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:26:04 +0000 (+0200)
> Subject: [CPUFREQ] Longhaul - Revert Longhaul ver. 2
>
> [CPUFREQ] Longhaul - Revert Longhaul ver. 2

No. It is new thing in 2.6.21 which will stop Longhaul
from changing frequencies. As usual tested by email. Works
for one, not works for others. Without this patch older
C3 will not change frequency. Longhaul will be disabled for
good. But both processors which we are talking about are
"Powersaver". New.