Re: Routing 600+ vlan's via linux problems (looks like arp problems)

On May 4 2007 02:11, Willy Tarreau wrote:

>> Haha. Would you be happy if it ran on a CF card instead? :>
>
>Yes, because at least when you design a system to run on a CF card, you
>ensure never to write on it because you know that would kill it. Then
>since you never write on it, it does not wear out and has no problem
>running for years (unless you bought cheap end-user CF of course).

Funny, I just installed a 'full' Linux distro on a CF, like with a
regular harddisk, and it runs in full rw mode. Packing it up in a
squashfs and running the thing with aufs did not seem worth
the hassle of setting up a specialized initrd. And then, when you
need to make one change (firewall), it's faster than recreating the
sqfs image.
Will see how it long that lasts.

Jan