Re: finding your own dead "CONFIG_" variables

On Thursday 03 May 2007, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > Suggest: configfiles=$(find . -name 'Kconfig*' -or -name '*defconfig*')
> >
> > Some CONFIG_ options exist that are not declared anywhere in the
> > Kconfig files but defined directly in the arch/.../*defconfig*
> > files.
>
> it's my understanding that entries in any defconfig files are
> *automatically* pruned at some point once a CONFIG_ variable no longer
> exists in any Kconfig file, so i'm not going to be touching those
> files.  also, adding that extra check wouldn't add anything useful to
> the output.

An interesting category would be a symbol that is

- used in a source file
- defined in an old defconfig
- not present in any Kconfig* file

If any of these exist, I would consider them _worse_ than the ones
found by your initial script, because some functionality that once
was there has been recently removed.

	Arnd <><