Re: [patch 00/33] m68k patches for 2.6.22

Hi,

On Tuesday 01 May 2007 22:49, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> Btw, is there any chance you could update m68k to use the generic
> irq code?  The only architectures that don't have a conversion
> in progress are m68k, m68knommu and arm26

I haven't looked seriously into it since it was pretty much rewritten.
What I need is very close control over the lowlevel handling to minimize the
number of indirect calls and to get the interrupt delivered as fast as
possible. (E.g. we even patch the assembler entry, so the basic flow control
is pretty much fixed after boot.)
I don't mind the if the general management is a bit more complex, but how do I
get rid of all the useless code?
At a bit closer look e.g. irq_desc would need a serious diet, it can produce a
pretty large table...

bye, Roman