Re: per-thread rusage

Alan Cox wrote:
I just so happen to think we should implement a variety of CPU resource
limits beyond what we now do, so this, too, interests me.

Agreed - and make them all 64bit while doing the cleanup. One thing
several Unixen have we don't for 32bi boxes is a proper set of 64bit
resource handling for memory/file etc.

We could also start using the CPU facilities to enforce some of
the really interesting real time process ones (like main memory
bandwidth) that at the moment we have no control over and can lead to
very unfair behaviour.

Alan

Hi, Alan,

Thanks for bringing this up. There are a couple of patches posted to
lkml for RSS control (unmapped page cache controller under development).

http://lwn.net/Articles/223829/

and the new enhanced verison by Pavel at

http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/[email protected]/6456480.html

We would appreciate any feedback to help us move the work forward and
make the code ready for acceptance

--
	Warm Regards,
	Balbir Singh