Re: 24 lost ticks with 2.6.20.10 kernel

On 5/1/07, Kok, Auke <[email protected]> wrote:
Michel Lespinasse wrote:
> (I've added the E1000 maintainers to the thread as I found the issue
> seems to go away after I compile out that driver. For reference, I was
> trying to figure out why I lose exactly 24 ticks about every two
> seconds, as shown with report_lost_ticks. This is with a DQ965GF
> motherboard with onboard E1000).

that's perfectly likely. The main issue is that we read the hardware stats every
two seconds and that can consume quite some time. It's strange that you are
losing that many ticks IMHO, but losing one or two might very well be.

Why do you have to disable all interrupts?  Shouldn't it be sufficient
to disable interrupts on the e1000 only?

Lee