Re: 2.6.20 libata cdrom

William Thompson wrote:

The one thing I do know, the machine with the non-working libata cdrom also
does not work with the ide driver *ONLY IF* DMA is turned on.

That's probably because it's a mdma2 device, and not many chipsets seem
to do mdma2 correctly.  I had a drive like that around here, too.
It could do dma on only one motherboard out of our half dozen or so.

But libata might actually be able to use mdma2 with it,
as I believe (unsubstantiated) that Alan may have done
a better implementation of setting the timings than what
we had with our old IDE drivers.

Cheers