Re: 2.6.22 -mm merge plans

Andrew Morton <[email protected]> writes:

> Static markers.  Will merge.
There don't seem to be any users of this. How do you know it hasn't
already bitrotted?

It seems quite overcomplicated to me. Has the complexity been justified?

> Will merge the rustyvisor.

IMHO the user code still doesn't belong into Documentation.
Also it needs another review round I guess. And some beta testing by
more people.

> Hopefully Wu will be coming up with a much simpler best-of-readahead patch
> soon.  I don't think we can get these patches over the hump and they are
> somewhat costly to maintain.

Didn't he have one already? There was a relatively simple readahead
patch recently, although it was unclear what dependencies it needed.
IMHO this work has much potential so i hope the benchmarking-review process
can be done quickly.

-Andi