Re: Linux 2.6.21

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

> Go to http://bugzilla.kernel.org. Hit query. Find the box that says
> "Bug Changes, Only bugs changed in the last __ days". Stick 7 in it.
>
> 74 bugs found.
>
> Not hard to do.

And what part of the "directed" did you miss?

Do you really expect me to go there every day to look at all bugs? That's
nbot a bug tracker. That's just a noise-maker.

It needs to be email, not some "mouse around for 30 seconds and type
thing", and it needs to be *directed*. Preferably with somebody who
actually did some manual scanning over it and spent a few minutes just
looking at whether it looks like a worthy bug.

In other words: we shouldn't have all developers wasting time doing this.
It would be much better to have _one_ person (or a group of people) doing
it, and actually turnign your "Not hard to do" into real information,
rather than just random data. Adrian did.

The good news is that it looks like now that people are aware of it, we
hopefully have others who will help do this kind of thing.

		Linus