Re: [00/17] Large Blocksize Support V3

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Your patch *is* a workaround.  It's a workaround for small CPU pagesize.
> It's a workaround for suboptimal VFS anf filesystem implementations.  It's
> a workaround for a disk adapter which has suboptimal readahead and
> writeback caching implementations.
>
> See?  I can spin too.

Of course anyone can spin. The veracity of the statements is the important
thing.

> Fact is, this change has *costs*.  And you're completely ignoring them,
> trying to spin them away.  It ain't working and it never will.  I'm seeing
> no serious attempt to think about how we can reduce those costs while
> retaining most of the benefits.

Well okay my work is "no serious attempt". How encouraging. Then "It does
not work" despite the fact that we were able to run benchmarks on it,  after
only a weeks worth of work (where most of my time was actually spend on
something else).