Re: [00/17] Large Blocksize Support V3

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 10:32:07AM -0700, Nicholas Miell wrote:
> The AMD64 psABI requires binaries to work with any page size up to 64k.
> Whether that's true in practice is another matter entirely, of course.

64-bit applications are a non-issue. The ABI requires them to handle it.
It's 32-bit applications on x86-64 that are the concern. ABI emulation
for them is more involved when 4K 32-bit ABI's are to be emulated on
kernels compiled for larger native pagesizes. In practice, so many use
getpagesize() it may not be much of an issue, but consider WINE and
other sorts of non-Linux-native 32-bit apps, among other issues.

-- wli