Re: MAINTAINERS file out of date?

Michael McConnell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I noticed the MAINTAINERS file still lists Riley Williams as the
> maintainer of the i386 boot code, presumably as no-one else has taken it
> up in his absence (though, I'm sure it's probably been touched since
> late 2004).
>
> If I knew the first thing about the i386 boot process I would volunteer,
> but sadly I don't....
>
> This article below details the reason for his absence, but please make
> sure you're sitting down before clicking. (It is work-safe.)
> http://www.chorleytoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=81&ArticleID=905248

Dear.

I have considered myself as a rather unofficial maintainer of this code,
and wouldn't mind make it official now when I actually have a job which
both cares about and actually can support my upstream Linux activities,
which was a major pain for a while.

Overall, there is a lot of cleanup which really is needed in the i386
boot process; I have done some work on it already, but more is needed.

	-hpa