Re: MODULE_MAINTAINER

On Thursday 26 April 2007, Rene Herman wrote:
>On 04/26/2007 09:43 PM, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> What exactly is missing that the kernel Bugzilla doesn't already offer?
>
>Users?

That is the best answer of all, and I've stated my objections to that very
nearly worthless utility before.  And that is exactly why it doesn't
have "Users".  I have never, ever gone to bugzilla without killing well over
an hour convincing it that yes, I really want DO to enter a bug report, not
search for an old one.  Let me simply say that such and such doesn't work,
attach the dmesg (or whatever) snip to show how it failed, and get on with
it.  Wasting 2 hours crawling around looking for loopholes in the fence so I
can wrap the report around a rock and throw it over?  That, and 30" of rain
will raise 180 bushels to the acre where I come from...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)