Re: Linux 2.6.21

Jeff Garzik wrote:

Francois Romieu wrote:
Pointer for the rtl8139 regression please ?

I'm guessing it's this one:

	Subject    : boot failure: rtl8139: exception in interrupt routine
	Submitter  : Stephen Clark <[email protected]>
	Status     : unknown

The poster says rtl8139, but doesn't provide more info. His lspci says "RTL8169SC", which sounds more like r8169 to me.

	Jeff

Yeah, that was my bad it is a RTL8169SC, and the problem was intermittent
sometimes is cause a panic othertimes it didn't.

It is laptop that does not have a serial port and I could not couldn't
get  the
kernel to boot using a usb serial port so I couldn't get a screen capture of
the intermittant panic.

Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)