Re: ChunkFS - measuring cross-chunk references

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 05:50:55AM +0530, Karuna sagar K wrote:
> On 4/24/07, Theodore Tso <[email protected]> wrote:
> >On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 02:53:33PM -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> >It would also be good to distinguish between directories referencing
> >files in another chunk, and directories referencing subdirectories in
> >another chunk (which would be simpler to handle, given the topological
> >restrictions on directories, as compared to files and hard links).
> >

> Modified the tool to distinguish between
> 1. cross references between directories and files
> 2. cross references between directories and sub directories
> 3. cross references within a file (due to huge file size)

One more set of numbers to calculate would be an estimate of cross-references
across chunks of block groups -- 1 (=128MB), 2 (=256MB), 4 (=512MB), 8(=1GB)
as suggested by Kalpak.

Once we have that, it would be nice if we can get data on results with
the tool from other people, especially with larger filesystem sizes.

Regards
Suparna

--
Suparna Bhattacharya ([email protected])
Linux Technology Center