Re: [REPORT] cfs-v4 vs sd-0.44

Rogan Dawes wrote:
Chris Friesen wrote:
Rogan Dawes wrote:

I guess my point was if we somehow get to an odd number of nanoseconds, we'd end up with rounding errors. I'm not sure if your algorithm will ever allow that.

And Ingo's point was that when it takes thousands of nanoseconds for a single context switch, an error of half a nanosecond is down in the noise.

Chris

My concern was that since Ingo said that this is a closed economy, with a fixed sum/total, if we lose a nanosecond here and there, eventually we'll lose them all.

Some folks have uptimes of multiple years.

Of course, I could (very likely!) be full of it! ;-)

And won't be using the any new scheduler on these computers anyhow as that would involve bringing the system down to install the new kernel. :-)

Peter
--
Peter Williams                                   [email protected]

 -- Ambrose Bierce