Re: [Intel IOMMU][patch 1/8] ACPI support for Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 08:50:48PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:

> > +
> > +LIST_HEAD(dmar_drhd_units);
> > +LIST_HEAD(dmar_rmrr_units);
>
> Comment describing what lock protects those lists?
> In fact there seems to be no locking. What about hotplug?

There is no support to handle an IOMMU hotplug at this time. IOMMU hotplug
requires additional support via ACPI that needs to be extended to handle this.

These definitions are scanned at boot time from BIOS tables. They are
pretty much static data that we process during boot. Hence no locking is
required. We pretty much tread this as read only, and the information never
gets changed after initial parsing.