Re: 2.6.20.7 locking up hard on boot

I can confirm that reverting commit
7639e962234c76031d1ddf436def7fd9602be560 fixes the problem.  Also,
there seem to be plenty of other people reporting the same boot
locking:

http://groups.google.com/group/fa.linux.kernel/msg/cc0453677be44a9e
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=245313
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6845
http://www.usenetlinux.com/archive/topic.php/t-757515.html

Please consider reverting this patch in upstream.
Thank you for your time,
Marcos