Re: [BUG? -rc7] SMP: Just one CPU activated: P4 3GHz HT

Miguel Ojeda wrote:
Hi all,

I have a ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, P4 3GHz HT, 1GB RAM and testing -rc7 I
noticed I just got 1 CPU.

I checked my .config but I do not see anything bad. Also I read
Documentation/smp.txt. Just for being sure this is not a bug, I'm
posting it.

Here you have .config and dmesg.

You didn't enable ACPI, it's needed for almost all systems to detect HT and also for many systems to detect multi-cores as well.

Aside from that, in general I would say that on any modern x86 system ACPI should always be enabled. In many cases it seems the BIOS code is not tested much without ACPI anymore, so going without ACPI can be problematic.

--
Robert Hancock      Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from [email protected]