Re: [GIT PULL] kvm oops fix

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Avi Kivity wrote:

> Please pull from the 'linus' branch of
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/avi/kvm.git

*please* put the branch-name after the git repo, so that I can
cut-and-paste without noticing only afterwards that the diffstat doesn't
match what it was supposed to, and I got the wrong commits, and have to
undo and re-do the pull..

Yeah, I didn't do that mistake this time, and in fact, I seldom do, but
every time the branch is mentioned somewhere else than with the actual
repo to pull, I get nervous.

So I've said this a million times before, but I'll say it one more
time: if it's not the main branch, the message should be

   Please pull from the 'linus' branch of

     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/avi/kvm.git linus

   to get the following changes: ...

so that when I cut-and-paste the URL (you didn't think I'd try to type it
in by hand, did you?) I get the branch automatically.

		Linus