Re: Wrong free clusters count on FAT32

    Hi Boaz :)

 * Boaz Harrosh <[email protected]> dixit:
> > Apart from not using the device itself to delete files (and probably
> > not using Windows for that, either) and to run fsck.vfat now and
> > then, is anything I can do to avoid this problem?
> >
> Not that I know how to fix it. But have you tried running chkdsk on a
> device deleted files in windows. Just that I know, that windows would
> silently ignore fat errors and will only report them in chkdsk.

    I've done that and the problem is not fixed. I have to use fsck.vfat
instead.

> Deleting files in windows works fine. There is no problems with it and
> windows updates everything. I do that all the time.

    True, I've tested it, too. I'm going to report the problem to the
device manufacturer (it's a Cowon iAUDIO), but probably doing it in the
device will be very slow :(

> (I would even theorize that if you delete files on the device and than
> farther delete more files on windows, than windows will fix the
> problem on the fly)

    Probably, and it may be a good fix, but I seldom plug the device on
Windows.

    Thanks for the answer :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado