Re: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair

William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >> Anyone who thinks that there exists only two kinds of code: 100%
> >> correct and 100% incorrect with no shades of grey inbetween is in
> >> reality a sort of an extremist: whom, depending on mood and affection,
> >> we could call either a 'coding purist' or a 'coding taliban' ;-)
>
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 07:29:00PM +0300, Al Boldi wrote:
> > I am not sure what you mean by this?!?
> > It's probably well known that nothing is perfect, even if you tried, but
> > to use this to excuse sub-optimal coding sounds rather lame.
> > Now, admitting that everything may be fixable, would have been a much
> > more reasonable response.
>
> I don't need this sort of help.

This was more directed at the general notion that constructive criticism is
somehow perceived as perfectionist, when it should rather be taken at face
value, as being a helping hand.

> The whole reason for resorting to hints
> instead of going on about nice level support being weak directly was
> precisely to avoid making the kind of statement you're making.

Sometimes hints may mean different things to different people, and as such
may be misleading.  IMHO, being IMHO without resorting to rudeness is much
more constructive.

Thanks!

--
Al