Re: intermittant petabyte usage reported with broadcom nic

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 09:43:48AM +1000, CaT wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 12:10:51PM -0700, Michael Chan wrote:
> > On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 17:20 -0700, Michael Chan wrote:
> >
> > Here's the debug patch for x86 only that will change the statistics
> > memory block to read-only.  If the kernel is corrupting it, you should
> > get a page fault that will crash the system.  If you continue to see
> > bogus counters, it is definitely a firmware or hardware problem.  Please
> > try it and let me know.  Thanks.
[.../...]
> Perhaps Jean-Daniel, who is also experiencing this problem and seemingly
> more frequently then I, has a box that he could run your patch on. I
> think we both run pretty-much the same hardware (Dell [12]950s).
    Dell 1950/2950 indeed...

    if there is any way to catch that writing without crashing the system
    (even to the price of some slowness) I can test it. if not, I can't
    because all my available targets are remote administrated and involved
    with production processes.
    if luckilly one of them gets free, I'll to apply the latest patch you'd
    provide me. I may also try it one day I'm close to those machines, so
    keep me in the list of up to date patches.

--
    Jean-Daniel Pauget

    Tél: +33 (0)2 33 17 20 16
    2, rue André PELCA