question on generic gpio interface

Hi,

I'm trying to port my old gpio code to the generic one to see if it
can fit my needs.

The gpio controller is a home made one and has a really weird
interface. It has several registers to read the gpio status, to
configure gpio directions, or to configure if a gpio can trigger an
interrupt and on which event (level or edge). All gpios use the same
IRQ and a gpio controller register allows to read which gpio has
triggered the interrupt.

Now the question is how should irq_to_gpio()  work ? Is it supposed to
be called only when a gpio interrupt occure ?

Another question is how can I specify if a gpio interrupt trigger on
level or on edge ?

thanks
--
Francis