[Feature Request?] Inline compression of process core dumps

I've been trying to find a method for compressing process core dumps before they hit disk.
I ask because we've got some fairly large UML processes (1GB for some),
and we're trying to capture dumps to help Jeff debug an evasive bug.
Our systems use a small root partition and most of the other disk
resources on the host are allocated towards the UMLs.
There are userspace solutions to this problem: allowing the
uncompressed core dump to spin out to disk and then coming in afterwards
and doing the compression, or maybe even a compressed filesystem where
the core dumps land, but I just thought I'd throw this out there since
it seems it would be a useful feature :)
Thanks,
-Chris

-