Re: "menu" versus "menuconfig" -- they're *both* a bad idea

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  (in short, if i, the builder, explicitly choose *not* to add a
certain feature to my build, i think i have every right to expect that
some other part of my configuration isn't quietly going to put some
sub-choice of that feature back in behind my back.)

I agree with this. However, if another feature actually depends on another explicitly unselected feature, there should at least be a warning prompt that such is the case.

It probably would be hard though to track all dependencies.

Best Regards,

Carlo

--
Carlo Florendo
Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City