Re: Fix sudden warps in mousedev

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

On Monday 26 March 2007 17:42, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

I don't think that you need to concern yourself with this too much
at present. If X11 people (e.g. Kristian) present evidence that kernel
fails to deliver an event, then we'll look at it. However it might
help if evtest continued to work when X11 reads from /dev/input/eventN.
It was an unpleasant surprise that it doesn't.

The driver grabs tochpad with EVIOCGRAB ioctl to prevent input events
from bveing delivered to X through /dev/input/mice which is still in
whidespread use. That's why evtest does not work. We could as Peter
(CCed) to implement an option to turn off grabbing so users who don't
use mousedev multiplexor can use evtest and other commands.

That sounds like a useful option. Implemented in my git tree:

git clone http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/synaptics/.git

--
Peter Osterlund - [email protected]
http://web.telia.com/~u89404340