Re: [lm-sensors] Hardware monitoring subsystem maintainer position is open

Hi Hans,

On 4/10/07, Hans de Goede <[email protected]> wrote:
Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am resigning from my role as hardware monitoring subsystem
> (drivers/hwmon) maintainer. This is too much work for me, I do not have
> the necessary bandwidth to review all the incoming patches, in
> particular new drivers, in a timely manner. Patch authors have been
> complaining about this repeatedly. This is no fun for them, and even
> less for me, so I'd rather let someone else with more spare time take
> care of it. If there are volunteers, this is the right time to speak up.

But alas, I'm afraid I cannot change your mind, so that brings us to the
question who will pickup the task. I've considered volunteering myself, but I'm
to inexperienced when it comes to kernel stuff and lm-sensors for me is kinda a
side project. I sink most of my spare time into Fedora where I maintain circa
120 packages, which really means I have little time left for lm-sensors (to be
clear the average package maintainer maintains between 30 - 50 packages).

I haven't seen anything from Rudolf Marek, but he is definitely
qualified if he wants to step up. I'm personally hoping Jean changes
his mind.

David