Re: VM: Fix nasty and subtle race in shared mmap'ed page writeback

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 02:55:58PM +1100, Nick Piggin wrote:
> This bug was only introduced in 2.6.19, due to a change that caused pte
no, Linus said that with 2.6.19 it's easier to trigger this bug...

> So if your corruption is years old, then it must be something else.
> Maybe it is hidden by a timing change, or BDB isn't using msync properly.
I can give you a complete image where just changing kernel (everything
is same, of course) corruptions goes away.
we spent a lot, I mean a *lot*, of time looking for our code mistake,
and so on.
I don't want to seem rude, but I am sure that Berkeley DB corruption we
have seen (not just Klibido, but I also think about postgrey, and so on)
depends on this bug.
I repeat, if you have time/interest I can give you a complete machine
to see the problem.

thanks a lot for your time,
gelma