select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS M1210 notebook with 2.6.18 running on it.

I've noticed that a recent BIOS upgrade (A03 -> A05) has started giving me this
message on system boot when hwclock runs.

select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out

My machine has a dual-core Intel processor.

A quick search revealed a workaround for hwclock to use the --directisa option.
Also this bug seems to be generic to dual-core Intel processors as many other
people also are facing the same issue on servers/desktops/laptops.

Thanks,
Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf