Re: util-linux: orphan

Karel Zak writes:

I've originally thought about util-linux upstream fork,
but as usually an fork is bad step. So.. I'd like to start
some discussion before this step.
after few weeks I'm pleased to announce a new "util-linux-ng"
project. This project is a fork of the original util-linux (2.13-pre7).

Aw damn, I missed it again. LKML gets about 300 posts/day. The last
time util-linux was offered, I missed out. Bummer.

Well, how about giving me a chunk of it? I'd like /bin/kill please.
I already ship a nicer one in procps anyway, so you can just delete
the files and call that done. (just today I was working on a Fedora
system and /bin/kill annoyed me)

VERY STRONG SUGGESTION: build a full test suite before you mess with
the source. This isn't some cute toy like xeyes or a silly game.
This is util-linux, which MUST work.