Re: Bug 7596 - Potential performance bottleneck for Linxu TCP

From: Herbert Xu <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:52:19 +1100

> Stephen Hemminger <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I noticed this bit of discussion in tcp_recvmsg. It implies that a better
> > queuing policy would be good. But it is confusing English (Alexey?) so
> > not sure where to start.
>
> Actually I think the comment says that the current code isn't the
> most elegant but is more efficient.

It's just explaining the hierarchy of queues that need to
be purged, and in what order, for correctness.

Alexey added that code when I mentioned to him, right after
we added the prequeue, that it was possible process the
normal backlog before the prequeue, which is illegal.
In fixing that bug, he added the comment we are discussing.