Re: util-linux: orphan

 Hello,

 after few weeks I'm pleased to announce a new "util-linux-ng" project. This
 project is a fork of the original util-linux (2.13-pre7).

 The goal of the project is to move util-linux code back to useful state, sync
 with actual distributions and kernel and make development more transparent end
 open.

 The short term goals (for 2.13 release):

	- remove all NFS code from util-linux-ng
          (/sbin/mount.nfs from nfs-utils is replacement)
	- remove FS/device detection code
          (libblkid from e2fsprogs or libvolumeid is replacement)
	- move as much as possible patches from distributions to upstream

 Mailing list:
   http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#util-linux-ng

 FTP:
   ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/util-linux-ng/

 GIT:
   git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/util-linux-ng/util-linux-ng.git util-linux-ng

   [Note, GIT repo contains previous 47 versions of util-linux.]

 The mailing list or my private e-mail are open for your patches, ideas and
 suggestion. The mailing list is also place where you can help us review
 patches.

 Thanks mostly to Ian Kent, P.H. Anvin. Well, and thanks to Adrian
 Bunk for his previous work on this package.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <[email protected]>