Re: data corruption with nvidia chipsets and IDE/SATA drives // memory hole mapping related bug?!

Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
>> 4)
>> And does someone know if the nforce/opteron iommu requires IBM Calgary
>> IOMMU support?
>>
> It doesn't, Calgary isn't found in machine with Opteron CPUs or NForce
> chipsets (AFAIK). However, compiling Calgary in should make no
> difference, as we detect in run-time which IOMMU is found and the
> machine.
Yes,.. I've read the relevant section shortly after sending that email ;-)

btw & for everybody:
I'm working (as student) at the LRZ (Leibniz Computing Centre) in Munich
where we have very large Linux Cluster and lots of different other
machines,...
I'm going to test for that error on most of the different types of
systems we have,.. and will inform you about my results (if they're
interesting).

Chris.
begin:vcard
fn:Mitterer, Christoph Anton