Re: realtime-preempt and arm

Steven Rostedt <[email protected]> wrote:
> it's ok for the timer to be a little over, but it must never be a
> little under.
> So we make sure the timer goes off in (n+1) ms, and not just (n).

Ok, this makes sense - thanks.

What confuses / confused me is that I have 4 combinations:
without-rt/with-rt X select/nanosleep; I first tried the
without-rt/select combination and right after that with-rt combinations
skipping the without-rt/nanosleep case. The first one was the one (the
only one) which gives me the 10ms average delay. And after your
explanations that fact bugs me even more.

But that is a side issue. The real problem is now: how do I get rid of
the multi-ms jitter?

--

tike