Re: BUG? atleast >=2.6.19-rc5, x86 chroot on x86_64

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 03:27 -0500, Chuck Ebbert wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:58:00 +0100, Kasper Sandberg wrote:
>
> > > Kasper, what problems (other that the annoying message) are you having?
> > if it had only been the messages i wouldnt have complained.
> > the thing is, when i get these messages, the app provoking them acts
> > very strange, and in some cases, my system simply hardlocks.
>
> You can try the patch I sent you to see if it fixes the Wine app.
> (David thought I was proposing it for the mainline kernel but I just
> wanted to see whether it made a difference.)

do you think it may be a bug in the kernel? the stuff with wine that
gets thrown in the kernel messages? cause if it is, i ofcourse wish to
help by testing. one more thing, im 100% positive wine does NOT have
access to any fat32, cause i entirely removed the only disk having such
a filesystem, and it still likes to give this, however the last few
times i havent observed the app going nuts :)

> As for the lockups, there are possibly other bugs lurking in 2.6.19.
yes, when the using-much-ram-perhaps-even-swap thing was mentioned i
came to think, cause i do happen to use alarmingly much swap. i noticed
a ~5 second lockup (where it actually returned to normal again) when i
reached ~50mb free ram, and this was outside the chroot.