Re: 2.6.19: OOPS in cat /proc/fs/nfs/exports

> There is a place where a failed kstrdup could lead to this, but that
> is rather unlikely and wouldn't be as reproducible as this seems to
> be.
> If you boot up and then immediately shutdown does this error trigger,
> it does it have to be up for a while?

It happens right after booting.

I've since disabled the NFS server on that box, and just tried to
manually start it, and it gives me this:
# /usr/sbin/exportfs -r
bigred:/video/rec: Cannot allocate memory

That is the first and only export:

# cat /etc/exports
# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be
exported
#               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).

/video/rec      bigred(rw,sync)

strace on exportfs shows this:nfsservctl(0x3, 0xbf875824, 0)          =
- -1 ENOMEM

After that, /proc/fs/nfs/export exists and gives the Oops, while
/proc/fs/nfsd/export doesn't exist.

I don't think however this box is particularly short on memory:

MemTotal:       248704 kB
MemFree:        102780 kB
Buffers:         20520 kB
Cached:          50692 kB
SwapCached:          0 kB
Active:          81712 kB
Inactive:        25160 kB
SwapTotal:           0 kB
SwapFree:            0 kB
Dirty:            1516 kB
Writeback:           0 kB
AnonPages:       35672 kB
Mapped:          13104 kB
Slab:             6960 kB
SReclaimable:     3104 kB
SUnreclaim:       3856 kB
PageTables:        692 kB
NFS_Unstable:        0 kB
Bounce:              0 kB
CommitLimit:    124352 kB
Committed_AS:   124528 kB
VmallocTotal:   786136 kB
VmallocUsed:      7568 kB
VmallocChunk:   778508 kB

(this is right after booting, DVB drivers loaded and VDR running.)

Will try your patch tomorrow.

Olaf