Re: [patch 4/5] [RFC] Add MMC Password Protection (lock/unlock) support V7: mmc_sysfs.diff

ext Pierre Ossman wrote:
Anderson Briglia wrote:
Hi Pierre,

ext Pierre Ossman wrote:
Patch looks ok. But I never got an answer what the difference between
"change" and "assign" is.
You're right, the command is the same, but the difference is the
password's
length and password itself sent to the card.
According to MMC spec 4.1, when a password replacement is done, the
length value
(PWD_LEN) shall include both passwords, the old and the new one, and
the password
(PWD) shall include the old (currently) followed by the new password.

So shouldn't this be something that userspace handles?

I merged the code for "change" and "assign". But the action (returned from kernel
to user space application continues as "change" and "assign" separately.

Anderson Briglia