RE: [2.6 patch] Tigran Aivazian: remove bouncing email addresses

Hi Arjan,

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 22:00 -0800, Hua Zhong wrote:
I am curious, what's the point?

These email addresses serve a "historical" purpose: they tell when the contribution was made,  what the author's email addresses
were at that point.

.. and which company owns the copyright.

VERITAS doesn't own any copyright of the microcode driver because I wrote it _before_ I joined VERITAS.

Lets not remove historical email addresses. Just make sure there's a
current one in MODULE_AUTHOR / MAINTAINERS.

I agree, so I should have included in the patch the change to MODULE_AUTHOR (in both microcode and bfs).

Or maybe MODULE_AUTHOR shouldn't contain the email address, if the module is mentioned in the MAINTAINERS which does contain it? Why repeat the data and so have to remember to maintain it?

Kind regards
Tigran