Re: Fix for OpenSUSE kernel bug (was Re: [Opps] Invalid opcode)

Hi;

30 Kas 2006 Per 08:44 tarihinde, Zachary Amsden şunları yazmıştı:
> I'm proposing this as a fix for your bug. Having tasklets scheduled
> before softirqd gets to run might be somewhat backwards, but there is
> nothing I can find wrong about it from a correctness point of view.
> Better to boot the kernel even when compiled with bug checking on, I think.
>
> This bug started becoming apparent in 2.6.18 because of some rework with
> the CPU hotplug code, but in theory, it exists at least all the way back
> to 2.6.10, which is as far as I looked backwards in time.

I cannot reproduce that opps with 2.6.18.4 + your patch any longer, so at
least works for me :), thanks

Cheers
--
S.Çağlar Onur <[email protected]>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!