Re: The return of the dreaded "nobody cared" message with a Promise Card

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 04:01:30 -0200
Rogério Brito <[email protected]> wrote:

>> The problem is that whenever I plug the Quantum drive, I get stack
> traces like this one (with a bit of context, so that you can get sense of
> what I am talking about):

Ok IRQ routing problem on what seems to be an external IRQ.

> ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKB] enabled at IRQ 10
> PCI: setting IRQ 10 as level-triggered
> ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:11.0[A] -> Link [LNKB] -> GSI 10 (level, low) -> IRQ 10

Do your working kernels also have ACPI enabled and what do they say here ?

> I am willing to do a git bisect to see which may be a problematic patch
> or not, but the "irq 10: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll"
> option)" is one that I reported to Andrew quite some time ago (I thought
> that it had gone away), and it didn't manifest itself until I had to
> reuse this extra drive, since I am doing a work that is producing a lot
> of data.

Ok I have a guess here - what does 2.6.19-rc6-mm2 do ? I've been working
on fixing up the VIA IRQ routing bugs as it happens. full dmesg of the
work/fail cases and an lspci -vxxx would be useful so I can see how the
hardware thinks it is configured.