Re: [2.6 patch] remove the broken VIDEO_ZR36120 driver

Mauro Carvalho Chehab schrieb:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Em Seg, 2006-11-27 às 22:36 -0800, Joe Feise escreveu:
>> Adrian Bunk wrote on 11/27/06 22:07:

>>> If you anyway have to patch your kernel, you can as well patch the
>>> complete driver into the kernel.
>> Well, there are other things outside the actual driver code that may change, and
>> that would make it harder to keep my patch in sync.
> Keeping it in sync is not hard. Most changes are just small API changes
> that are easy to port to all drivers, since they all behave likely.
> Also, when kernel hackers changes API, they usually send patches fixing
> API also at the affected drivers (of course for not-broken stuff).
>> And actually, I submitted my patch some time ago to the maintainer of the driver
>> (Pauline Middelink.)  Unfortunately, it never made it into the kernel, nor did I
>> get any feedback from her. I have no idea if she is still active (she is listed
>> as maintainer at least until 2.6.17.) I cc'ed her on this mail.
> If you are interested on fixing this driver, you may submit the fix
> patch to me, with your SOB. I'm maintaining the V4L subsystem as a hole.
>>
>> -Joe
>>

> Cheers,
> Mauro.

Hello,

I would like to see this driver fixed and remaining in the kernel and
would give any support I can to achive this goal.

I have a zr36120 based tv card and wrote a driver on my own based on
this kernel driver from Pauline Middelink. Maybe it could be helpful.

CU
Peter