Re: [take25 1/6] kevent: Description.

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 11:43:46AM -0800, Ulrich Drepper ([email protected]) wrote:
> Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> >It _IS_ how previous interface worked.
> >
> >	EXACTLY!
>
> No, the old interface committed everything not only up to a given index.
>  This is the huge difference which makes or breaks it.

Interface was the same - logic behind it was differnet, the only thing
required was to add consumer's index - that is all, no need to change a
lot of declarations, userspace and so on - just use existing interface
and extend its functionality.

But it does not matter anymore, later this week I will collect all
proposed changes and implement (hopefully) last release, which will
close most of the questions regarding userspace interfaces (except
signal mask, it is in fluent state), so we could concentrate on
internals and/or new kernel users.

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov